The University of the Third Age, Adelaide, Inc
Code of Conduct
U3A Adelaide expects that all members, tutors and other volunteers will behave in a courteous and civilised manner in all dealings relevant to U3A Adelaide. As a member of U3A Adelaide, you therefore agree to abide by this Code of Conduct by:
- Participating in U3A Adelaide activities in a friendly and positive way at all times.
- Being honest and ethical in all dealings with U3A Adelaide.
- Showing respect, courtesy and consideration to everyone you deal with in U3A Adelaide and the general public in relation to our activities.
- Being punctual and reliable in attending U3A Adelaide classes/events/office rosters or other commitments; and forewarning of unavoidable absences, withdrawals from classes and events.
- Observing strict confidentiality regarding organisational and members’ personal information to which you may have access.
- Avoiding all forms of discriminatory behaviour in regard to nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, culture, religion, age and mental or physical disability.
- Not engaging in behaviour that is inappropriate, disruptive or intimidating, as would breach the rights of other persons to participate in a class/event or to carry out their designated role.
- Preserving the wellbeing and safety of members, tutors and presenters, office staff, committee and working group members by:
- Participating safely in each class or activity, and abiding by all reasonable directives or prerequisites specified by the tutor or group leader for that participation;
- Refraining from activities or comments that would place others in a vulnerable situation;
- Not causing any wilful damage to U3A Adelaide premises, materials, facilities, or equipment.
- Promoting U3A Adelaide in a positive way.
- Abiding by this Code of Conduct and all other U3A Adelaide published policies and procedures.