I think the Wikipedia is the greatest invention of the 21st Century, so far. This course is to explore that notion and to look into how the Wikipedia works and how it maintains a high reputation for credibility in a world awash with fake news. We will look at the editing function and give participants a chance to make their own edits, and explore what is involved in being a regular contributor.
- How the Wikipedia began.
- It’s core principles. Have they stood the test of time?
- How easy it editing? The importance of referencing.
- How editors build credibility and how vandals are spotted.
- How easy is correction, validating information, discussing an issue?
- How reliable is the Wikipedia?
- How to quickly assess an article’s quality and believability