By-laws of U3A-Adelaide Inc.
These By-Laws do not form a part of the U3A Adelaide Constitution. However, as policies established by the Board, they are binding on members. By-Laws are determined and endorsed by the Board in the interests of best practice and may be amended by the Board at a formal meeting.
- Non U3A-Adelaide members
- a) Anyone other than U3A Adelaide members, may enrol for one-off sessions only at a cost of $10 per session. An additional fee for Out and About courses may also be appropriate. Such fee does not entitle the visitor to any other membership rights. People using the visitor enrolment should be advised it may be more economic to pay a half year subscription, thus also obtaining membership rights.
- b) Members from other branches may have associate membership for a fee of $40. Reciprocity is determined by individual U3A branches.
- Half year enrolments
Members may enrol for half a year (either half) for 50% of the current fee. July 1st is the cutoff point.
- Tutor Membership
Tutor membership does not entitle enrolment in any other course, or in a position ofresponsibility, unless full/half year membership fees are paid.
- Life Membership
- a) Once a member’s nomination for Life Membership is approved, a paragraph, setting outthe reasons for making the award, should be incorporated into the minutes of the Board.
- b) A Life Members Minute Book is to be used to record information pertaining to the granting of Life Membership, along with any salient information and, where possible, a photograph. Individual pages should be used for each Life Member and that member’s name is to be recorded on the Honour Roll on the U3A Adelaide website.
- c) A Life Membership badge should be presented to the nominated member at the AGM or other appropriate time.
- Death Notices
Only the deaths of long serving tutors or volunteers will be recognized in the Newsletter
U3A Adelaide Board N ‑U3A Adelaide By-Laws 14/06/2020
6. Hot weather policy
- a) During the summer months the cancellation of classes is at the discretion of the individual tutor. This may occur on an ad hoc basis or decided, in consultation with class members, at the beginning of Session in which the course is held.Where it is an ad hoc decision members will be advised by the office, or the tutor, via email or phone.
- b) Some venues used for Out and About classes have their own Hot Weather Policy and members will be advised of any cancellation via email or phone.
- Course contentU3A Adelaide does not endorse any courses which promote or endorse any particular religious or political views, nor courses which promote or endorse any medical practices which purport to have beneficial outcomes, unless those practices have the full backing of mainstream medicine. U3A-Adelaide reserves the right to determine the type and content of courses offered as a part of their programme.
- Priority EnrolmentPriority in enrolment can be accessed by any member who has significant involvement in U3A Adelaide in the role of tutor, volunteer or formal committee member during the current year. This priority will be at the discretion of the Board.
- Member Re-enrolment
- a) To maintain progression in their learning, all current language students will be eligible tore-enrol in their ONE class in each language
- b) Language students may not enrol in more than one class of any one language. They may enrol in courses for a number of different languages, although in no more than one of each.
- c) Re-enrolment for other courses is at the discretion of the Board.
- Distribution of Third-party Information/AdvertisingWe do not seek or accept advertising in our publications or website, nor do we distribute third party information by email or letter. Links to information may be made available on the website at the discretion of the Board.