There is a range of audio/visual equipment to assist course presentation.
U3A Trolley mounted TVs available for class use.
We have two trolleys with large TVs fixed to them. Also on each trolley are a laptop PC and a DVD/Blu-Ray video player, with appropriate associated remote controls.
The TVs will take inputs from:
- HDMI (the current universal standard
- Composite Video (using RCA plugs). Not normally used nowadays.
- Component Video (using RCA plugs). Also not normally used nowadays.
- Normally the TVs are cable-connected to their associated equipment:
1. HDMI 1 to the laptop PC.
2. HDMI 2 to the DVD / Blu-Ray video disc player.
If you have an iPad
Apple Lightning to HDMI adapter
There is no inbuilt connection for Apple/Mac PCs or for iPads or iPhones. However, suitable Lightning to HDMI connectors are readily available (eg at Officeworks, Harvey Norman etc.).
Both our trolleys have an adapter. They are stored in the plastic container on the bottom shelf of each trolley. However, to be on the safe side, if you have your own adapter please bring it with you just in case ours has gone missing.
These small connection pieces allow the HDMI cable to be used, and a perfect image/sound output sent to the TV.
Need more help?
Please let the Office know if you ever need additional assistance, letting them know, in writing, and the Office will contact me. It is important to know:
- the nature of help wanted
- the equipment you want to use
- the class and timing: and of course
- your contact details.
Some users disconnect the HDMI cables to attach them to their laptop, but regrettably do not restore them. Naughty them.
So please check that the cables are appropriately connected before you start.