There is a range of audio/visual equipment to assist course presentation.
U3A Trolley mounted TVs available for class use.
We have two trolleys with large TVs fixed to them. Also on each trolley are a laptop PC and a DVD/Blu-Ray video player, with appropriate associated remote controls.
The TVs will take inputs from:
- HDMI (the current universal standard
- Composite Video (using RCA plugs). Not normally used nowadays.
- Component Video (using RCA plugs). Also not normally used nowadays.
- Normally the TVs are cable-connected to their associated equipment:
1. HDMI 1 to the laptop PC.
2. HDMI 2 to the DVD / Blu-Ray video disc player.
If you have an iPad
There is no inbuilt connection for Apple/Mac PCs or for iPads or iPhones. However, suitable Lightning to HDMI connectors are readily available (eg at Officeworks, Harvey Norman etc.). If you need one of these please bring your own, as they are highly losable and those held at the U3A can mysteriously disappear in the twinkling of an eye, leaving you stranded.
The Lightning at the top plugs into your iPad or iPhone and the big HDMI end receives the connection to the TV.
These small connection pieces allow the HDMI cable to be used, and a perfect image/sound output sent to the TV.
Need more help?
Please let the Office know if you need additional assistance, letting them know, in writing, and the Office will contact me. It is important to know:
- the nature of help wanted
- the equipment you want to use
- the class and timing: and of course
- your contact details.
Some users disconnect the cables to attach them to their laptop etc but never restore them, so please check that the cables are appropriately connected before you start.
Please don’t be surprised if someone before you has altered some, or all, of the conventional settings! Just plug them in where they ought to go.